LIES THAT MANY BELIEVE, Part 3:  "ABORTION IS A WOMAN'S RIGHT"

"Thou shalt not kill." - Exodus 20:13

In recent days, disgusting videos have appeared online, demonstrating the evil act of abortion, conducted by Planned Parenthood.  The ruthless actions taken during the procedure called into question the organization's integrity and worthiness to continue receiving Federal funding.  From my own point of view, Planned Parenthood should have never received Federal funding to begin with.  I find it appalling that my tax money is being used to fund an organization with such a bloody purpose.

For several weeks, I've dedicated my blog message to the specific issue of "lies that many believe."  Today we are examining this popular lie:  "Abortion is a woman's right."  Let me clarify this.  Those who support abortion claim that the issue of abortion is really all about the woman's health.  They believe that a woman has a right to decide what to do with her body and the medical procedures she may choose.  Furthermore, they conclude that the unborn baby is not a human being, merely a piece of tissue. 

I believe a woman has rights, but so should the unborn.  The unborn's right to live certain trumps the woman's desire for convenience. I believe in a woman's choice about pregnancy, but that choice comes before conception and not afterwards.  The mother's womb should be the safest place for an unborn child, but often that is not the case.  Since the unborn cannot speak for themselves, who will speak for them?  I think Christians should be the voice of the unborn, speaking out against the evil nature of abortion.

The fact is that abortion has become a legal way for people to try to avoid the responsibility of their actions.  Abortion doesn't really remove responsibility because every person will one day answer to God for his or her actions and decisions.  The fathers and the mothers of the unborn ARE responsible and will be held accountable. 

Certainly, this subject is a hot-button political matter.  Although the subject of abortion is a hot topic among politicians, I know that the subject is far more than a political matter.  On the authority of God's Word, we know God sees the unborn as people, not tissue.  The slaying of the unborn is murder, pure and simple. 

Are you not convinced?  Then open your Bible to these passages:

  • "And the woman conceived, and sent and told David, and said, I am with child." - 2 Samuel 11:5.  Notice she said, "child," not "tissue."
  • "Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me." - Psalm 51:5.  Notice that sin was part of his being from conception ... not from birth. 
  • "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." - Jeremiah 1:5.  God formed Jeremiah in his mother's womb and ordained him to be a prophet BEFORE HE WAS BORN.
  • "For their mother hath played the harlot: she that conceived them hath done shamefully: for she said, I will go after my lovers, that give me my bread and my water, my wool and my flax, mine oil and my drink." - Hosea 2:5.  Notice she "conceived them..."  They were people at conception, not tissue. 
  • "And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren." - Luke 1:36.  Please note that she conceived "a son."  God considered the unborn to be a child, shouldn't we?
  • "And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb." - Luke 2:21.  Please note that "... he was conceived in the womb," a person was conceived in the womb.

In the womb, the unborn has a heartbeat and human form.  If a pregnant woman suffers a miscarriage, she feels loss because she has lost a child.  It takes a cold-hearted, evil person to tell a woman that she shouldn't feel loss over a miscarriage because all that died was a "tissue."  The woman has such built-in motherly emotions about her pregnancy because that which is within her IS A CHILD.

Those who support or perform abortions have blood on their hands.  There is nothing worse than the diabolical, cold-blooded murder of children --- born or unborn.  Furthermore, each person who supports or performs abortions will stand before God one day as murderers. 

Let me close by sharing a few things.  First of all, from my pulpit I do not and will not give an endorsement to any political candidate.  However, let me be clear about this.  Personally, I will not support a Presidential candidate from any party that supports abortion.  If abortion is murder, I can't imagine any born-again believer supporting a candidate that endorses the murder of the unborn. 

Some dismiss the subject of abortion as being only a political issue.  If abortion is murder in the sight of God, we need to treat the subject with the serious nature it deserves.  The subject of abortion is far more important than the economy or any other popular political issue.  Abortion is a moral, spiritual issue.  It is time for government-sponsored murders to cease.  America needs to repent.


Finally, let me say something to the women who've had abortions.  While I believe that abortion is murder, it is not an unpardonable sin.  God offers forgiveness and grace to those who will repent and trust in the Savior.  You don't have to carry a burden of remorse for the rest of your life.  Look to Jesus today and experience salvation through His shed blood.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Low Living In High Places

  LOW LIVING IN HIGH PLACES “ But the thing that David had done displeased the LORD.” - 2 Samuel 11:27 As humans, we need others to keep u...