GETTING TO KNOW GOD:  HIS OMNIPOTENCE

TEXT:  "Is any thing too hard for the LORD?" - Genesis 18:4

The question that poses as our text is a question that the Lord asked about Himself.  Obviously, God didn't ask the question to learn something; instead, He asked the question to challenge Abraham and Sarah. 

The Lord's question should challenge us as well.  Is anything too hard for the Lord?  Obviously, the answer is a resounding NO!  God is omnipotent, which means He is all-powerful.

I am glad that I serve an omnipotent God.  Nothing is too hard for Him.  He is the One who spoke the universe into existence.  He has the power to raise the dead, open deaf ears, bring sight to the blind, and cause the cripple to work.   He is the One that caused the Red Sea to part, the sun to stand still, and a donkey to talk.  He has the power to move mountains, demolish strongholds and punish wicked men.  He can easily perform miracles like restoring marriages, bringing prodigals home and transforming sinners into saints.

Think about it.  If God were not omnipotent, He wouldn't be God, would He?

Let me give you a few reasons I am glad that God is all-powerful:

1.  I NEED HIM TO RESOLVE MY PROBLEMS
I face problems that I cannot solve by myself.  I face challenges that cannot be overcome by human strength alone.  There are some problems that cannot be solved without God's intervention.  I am grateful that God is able to solve any problem that I face.  Nothing is too hard for God.

2.  I NEED HIM TO KEEP HIS PROMISES
God has made promises to me in His Word.  These promises are so enormous that it will take an omnipotent God to keep them.  He has proven Himself faithful time and time again.  He has the authority to make a promise and the power to back up that promise.  Nothing is too hard for God.

3.  I NEED HIM TO GIVE ME VICTORY
I fight battles every day.  I must confess that I know what defeat feels like.  I can recall the times I fought spiritual battles with worldly weapons & ended up failing greatly.  The One who gave David victory over a giant is the only One who can give me victory day by day.  He is the One who caused the mighty city of Jericho to fall flat & He is the One that can bring strongholds down for me.  Nothing is too hard for God.

4.  I NEED HIM TO ANSWER PRAYERS
When I pray, I take impossible situations to God.  He is the only One who specializes in impossible situations.  Apart from this all-powerful God, my prayers will be just empty words spoken into the wind.  Nothing is too hard for God.

5.  I NEED HIM TO HELP OTHERS
He has proven that He can break through the most hardened hearts.  There are many people I care deeply about who need God to do a miracle in their lives.  I still believe that salvation is the greatest miracle of all.  A miracle, by definition, is something only God can do.  Only God can get the attention of a lost person.  Only God can bring spiritual conviction.  Only God can draw a lost person to Himself.  Only God can bring life to a person that is spiritually dead.  Nothing is too hard for God.

I could go on and on, but the point is plain:  Nothing is too hard for God.  Is there anything God can't do?  There are some things that God won't do.  He won't sin.  He won't perform any evil acts.  He will never lie.  He will never break His promise.  He will never do anything outside of the scope of His character.

We can trust God with our future.  We can depend on Him to meet our needs.  We can be confident that He will keep His Word.   We know He can do the impossible.

Nothing is too hard for God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Low Living In High Places

  LOW LIVING IN HIGH PLACES “ But the thing that David had done displeased the LORD.” - 2 Samuel 11:27 As humans, we need others to keep u...