A TRIBUTE TO MY MOM

"Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised." - Proverbs 31:30

This Sunday (May 13, 2018) is designated as "Mother's Day."  It is a special day in which each person is expected to honor his or her mother.  I thought I'd dedicate my blog message to my Mom on this weekend.

My Mom is a very special person.  I know that most children say that about their mother, but I know it to be a fact about my mother.  I've noticed that many women look to my Mom with great respect and honor.  Mom's life has been an example of godly living. 

Here are just a few things that I admire about my Mom:

1.  SHE LOVES THE LORD
First of all, and most of all, she loves Jesus.  She has always been a pillar of faith in our family.  Regardless of the uncertainty that has come, she always has a strong faith and confidence in the Lord.  She reads her Bible daily.  She is a praying woman.  She is at church every time the doors are open.  She is not ashamed to speak about the Lord to others. 

2.  SHE LOVES HER FAMILY
Secondly, Mom loves her family.  She loves her siblings.  She especially loves her husband of over 56 years.  She loves my brother & I.  Her love is an agape love, a sacrificial love.  She has done without so that others could be helped.  She continues to be a caregiver to my Dad, especially on his bad days.  She considers it a privilege to help him and serve others. 

3.  SHE LOVES HER FRIENDS
Mom has friends at church that she loves.  She has counseled women on the phone and helped many.  The women at church look to her for wisdom and faith. 

4.  SHE LOVES HER CHURCH
Mom has been involved in the church since her teenage years.  When she married my father, she probably didn't know that she would eventually become a preacher's wife.  She has supported him in his ministry.  Anytime we have dinner at church, Mom prepares a huge amount of food.  She serves in a number of ways at church, without a title or position.  She never receives praise for her efforts, despite the enormous amount of work she provides.  She does it all because she loves the Lord, she loves the church, and she loves others.

5.  SHE LOVES TO SERVE 
Finally, Mom loves to serve.  She has a servant's heart.  She is not satisfied unless she is doing something for someone else.  She is a sacrificial giver.  She is a blessing to many.

Proverbs 31:30 states, "Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised."  Mom is a woman who fears God.  Because her life testifies of this fact, others (including myself) respect her greatly.

In Proverbs 31:10, the question is brought:  "Who can find a virtuous woman?"  I'll answer that question.  I have found a virtuous woman.  I call her Mom.

I love you, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Low Living In High Places

  LOW LIVING IN HIGH PLACES “ But the thing that David had done displeased the LORD.” - 2 Samuel 11:27 As humans, we need others to keep u...