REJOICING IN THE SHADOW OF HIS WINGS

"Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice." - Psalm 63:7

My job often requires a lot of technical insight.  Numerous times I've been at a job site and encountered a problem I couldn't solve.  It is always good to know that I can call someone and get technical support. 

In life, I encounter many problems that I can't solve myself.  Unfortunately, there's not a technical support phone number I can call for many of my problems.  Yet I have found Someone I can call when I need help.  I am thankful that there is help available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  In humble prayer, I can call upon One who knows the problems I face --- and the solution to my problems.

In our text, David refers to God's help:  "... thou hast been my help..."  God has a great track record when it comes to providing help.  Saints through the ages have made it through the most difficult situations because of divine grace.  Often, I think it would be beneficial if we'd put everything on hold for a few minutes and simply remember the times God has come through for us in the past. 

Because of God's help, David writes, "... therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice."  Figuratively, David refers to God's protection as being like a bird that protects her little ones by hiding them under her wings.  It is comforting to know that our Lord provides shelter and protection for His children. 

Do you recall your childhood days?  It was assuring to know that your parents were there to help and protect you.  Now as adults, we yearn for such peace.  The good news is that the help and protection we experience from our Lord is far greater than the safe haven we enjoyed at home when we were growing up.

God gives us help and protection from the storms we face.  God does not promise us a life void of storms.  However, He does provide us shelter from the storms.  God does not promise us freedom from pain, but He does provide us sufficient grace for the pain we experience.  

The source of our rejoicing is not found in peaceful circumstances, for many times our circumstances are difficult.  Instead, we rejoice because of the One who guides us through the difficulties and preserves us through our storms. 

Like David, we should say, "Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Low Living In High Places

  LOW LIVING IN HIGH PLACES “ But the thing that David had done displeased the LORD.” - 2 Samuel 11:27 As humans, we need others to keep u...